Extreme Accommodations: Making it work for Employers and Employees – VIRTUAL
This Online program offers 6 hours of training modules on accommodations in the workplace.
With the Human Rights Codes and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, every employer will need return to work and accommodation policies.
Accommodation of individuals with disability is a process, which involves creative problem solving with stakeholders as well as knowledge of key ergonomic issues. The stakeholders have a good understanding of how to manage simple return to work programs for employees with a physical condition. When the issues become complex and the accommodations need to be individualized, it is time to work with the stakeholders to find detailed accommodations.
This online workshop will focus on providing a better understanding to the participants on the following:
- Legislation and legal precedents that guide the duty to accommodate
- Policies and procedures for accommodation
- Processes that employers can utilize to facilitate temporary or permanent accommodations
- How to do a good job match to ensure that the accommodations meet the employee’s abilities and restrictions
- Documentation processes to demonstrate legal due diligence
- Practical strategies to improve accommodations of complex disabilities such as:
- Visual impairments
- Cognitive impairments
- Mental health conditions
- Learning disabilities
- Chronic pain
- Progressive disabilities
- Multiple disabilities
At the end of the session the participants will understand the processes that should be utilized in accommodation and how to assist employers in ensuring that they are in legal compliance with accommodating individuals with complex disabilities.
CE Credits and Certificate can be provided on completion.