If you would like to consider joining our team at Gowan Consulting please contact us.
Currently searching for: Occupational Therapists
Interested in joining our team?
Do you want to work with businesses and their employees to support employee health and productivity?
Gowan Consulting is a leading Occupational Therapy organization that focuses on workplace health and productivity. Our mission is to collaborate with workplace stakeholders to provide customized solutions that lead to sustainable stay-at-work or return-to-work. We are always looking for talented Occupational Therapists who have a passion for and experience in assessing and treating employees with a goal of stay-at-work and return-to-work. Gowan operates on a sub-contract model, providing maximum flexibility to Occupational Therapists who wish to operate in a private practice capacity.
What we offer you:
- You will have the support of a team of administrative professionals assisting you in your reporting and referral management.
- Our team of clinical leads and Director of OT will work with you to allow you to do what you do well with active mentorship.
- You will work from your home officeand assess and treat clients in their homes, communities, and workplaces.
- We provide a secure case management system for all your documentation needs.
- You will use virtual technology where preferred and travel to new and different workplaces.
What you offer us:
- You enjoy working with employers to facilitate sustainable stay-at-work and return-to-work solutions.
- You understand the importance of work and productivity to individual health and business success.
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an autonomous work environment.
- You think critically and have well developed problem-solving skills.
- You are great with people and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have capacity to accept referrals within Gowan specified turnaround times for assessment scheduling and report completion.
- You want to work with an electronic database file management system that allows you to communicate with clients and keep secure records online (anywhere, anytime).
- You have access to a secure and confidential work environment and technology to protect the privacy of our clients.
- You are registered in good standing with your College of Occupational Therapy.
- You have expertise and interest in ergonomics, workplace accommodation, return-to-work, and/or mental health.
- Preference will be given to those with additional training and competence such as ergonomics, PGAP, BrainFX Certification, CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, ACT, and Exposure Therapy.
- Travel to client locations is required.
*Note that many of our opportunities are on a subcontracting basis.